Image Map

Friday, September 29, 2017

Cookie Cutter Pancakes

I am boasting BIG TIME, I totally "mom scored" on these bad boys! I had a stroke of brilliance two days ago and wanted to share it with YOU!!! I'm sure most of you have seen the cute idea of pushing a cookie cutter into your kids' school lunch sandwiches (if you haven't its DARLING), well this is along the same lines; only with PANCAKES!

My kids LOVE pancakes, but ever since my dad started adding food coloring to the batter on special occasions I just can't compete. They seriously won't touch mine because they're not colored! So, I decided to make good old buttermilk pancakes two days ago. I was DETERMINED to make my kids LOVE THEM OR ELSE!!!! So.... I started making the pancakes before the kids woke up, and while I was cooking them on the stove my mind started wandering of things I needed to get done.... 
"I still have to make the kids' lunches... hmmm.... what kind of sandwich will I make today?.....how about you surprise the kids today with a cookie cutter sandwich..... change it up a little you know...?"

I look down at the pancake and DING!!!! A HUGE light bulb went off!
"Let the kids play and cut out the pancakes with cookie cutters! They'll want to eat them more than "rainbow pancakes." Easy, no mess, PERFECTION!"

This was the BEST surprise breakfast EVER!
My June even said, "MOM! YOU'RE A GENIUS!" 
HA HA!!! MOM SCORE!!!

So have a FUN breakfast with your kids and use cookie cutters! They're only kids for a little while, enjoy every morning you get!



No comments:

Post a Comment